by Mike and Amy Bradley
If you are like us, you may be “over” the traditional green bean casserole for your Thanksgiving side dish. The Bradley family has perfected the ultimate, cheesy broccoli casserole that will make even the pickiest eater a newfound broccoli fan.
Truly though, can you go wrong when you smother anything with cream of mushroom soup and cheese? We think not. This casserole is easy to make and great to make a day ahead of your feast because it somehow gets even more delicious when it is reheated. Trust us.
Is this the healthiest side dish on earth? Of course not. But, there’s a healthy dose of broccoli so you can at least feel good about that when the rest of the meal is full of carbs and butter. Indulge on the annual day of indulgence. Be thankful that you can do so. Make some for people who need it more than you. More than anything – enjoy it!
Broccoli Casserole Recipe
- 1 1/2 lbs. broccoli, chopped
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 large spoonfuls of mayo
- 7 or 8 slices American cheese
- 2 3/4 cups shredded cheddar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fill a 9×13 casserole dish with broccoli pieces. Add mushroom soup and mayo, then mix together to coat the broccoli.
- Top with 4 slices of American cheese, ripped into small squares, along with 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Mix together to distribute the cheese.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove foil for the last 15 minutes of baking.
Did you try this recipe? Share your creations on social media by using the hashtag #sweetandsavorycouple!
Follow our blog with Bloglovin
© The Sweet & Savory Couple.